Navigating the legal landscape can feel overwhelming, especially when planning for your loved one’s future. At Shields Law Firm, we understand the unique challenges faced by families of children with special needs. With our empathetic approach, we’ll listen to your concerns and provide guidance tailored to your situation.
You can trust our Plano special needs planning lawyer to protect your family’s best interests every step of the way. Our casual and familiar tone ensures you feel comfortable discussing your needs, while our people-first language places you at the center of our attention. Let us be your trusted partner in securing your special needs family’s brighter future.
Special Needs Fast Facts in Plano
According to the Texas Workforce Investment Council’s 2019 update, approximately 3.34 million individuals in Texas are living with disabilities. Roughly one in five Texans with disabilities are under 35, and more than 8% are minor children.
These statistics highlight the importance of special needs planning for families in Texas, as it ensures that individuals with disabilities have access to the necessary support and services to live fulfilling lives. A qualified lawyer can help families navigate the unique challenges of planning for a loved one with special needs and ensure their secure future.
Special Needs Resources in Plano, TX
As a family member of an individual with a disability, finding the right resources and support can be overwhelming. Whether you’re looking for educational resources, support services, or legal advocacy, local resources are available to help you navigate the complex world of special needs.
Texas Parent to Parent
A statewide organization, Texas Parent to Parent, provides information and resources to families of children with disabilities through parent-to-parent support, resource referral, and education.
Texas Parent to Parent
REACH of Plano
REACH of Plano provides many services to empower individuals with disabilities. From peer support group classes and counseling to independent living skills training and advocacy assistance, they strive to remove barriers and promote inclusivity.
REACH of Plano
720 E. Park Blvd. Suite 104
Plano, TX 75074-8844
Foundation School of Autism
The Foundation School of Autism in Plano is a charter school that offers an enhanced education for students with autism. As a public school, it operates under a charter agreement with the state, providing a tuition-free education that follows state and federal regulations.
Foundation School of Autism — Plano
2200 Midway Rd.,
Plano, TX 75093
How a Trusted Plano Special Needs Planning Lawyer Can Help
Navigating the legal and financial aspects of special needs planning can be overwhelming, but with the help of a trusted Plano special needs planning lawyer, families can have peace of mind knowing that their loved one’s future is secure.
An experienced attorney can provide valuable guidance and legal counsel in creating a comprehensive plan that meets the unique needs of individuals with special needs and their families.
A special needs planning attorney can:
- Assess your loved one’s needs. A Plano special needs planning lawyer can help you assess the specific needs of your loved one with special needs, including medical care, housing, and education.
- Create a special needs trust. What is a special needs trust? It’s a legal document that allows assets to be held for the benefit of an individual with special needs. This trust is designed to provide additional financial support for individuals with special needs without compromising their eligibility for government benefits.
- Choose a trustee. The trustee is responsible for managing the special needs trust and ensuring that the funds are used appropriately. It is important to choose a trustee with experience in special needs planning who understands the unique needs of individuals with disabilities.
- Set up an ABLE account. Also known as an “Achieving a Better Life Experience” account, an ABLE account is a specialized, tax-advantaged savings account for individuals with disabilities. These accounts were created to help individuals with disabilities and their families save money for disability-related expenses without jeopardizing their eligibility for government benefits such as Medicaid and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Review and update your plan regularly. Special needs planning is an ongoing process that requires regular review and updates. It is important to review your plan regularly to ensure that it continues to meet your loved one’s needs.
Contact Plano Special Needs Planning Lawyers
If you’re seeking compassionate and knowledgeable guidance in securing a brighter future for your loved one with special needs, look no further. Our team of Plano special needs planning lawyers at Shields Law Firm is here to support you every step of the way.
With our empathetic approach, we’ll listen to your unique concerns and craft a personalized plan that safeguards your loved one’s financial well-being while preserving their government benefits. Don’t navigate the complexities of special needs planning alone. Take action today and contact us today to schedule a free discovery call.