Planning for the future of your loved one with special needs can be overwhelming. You want to ensure their financial security, protect their rights, and provide the best possible care. At Shields Law, we understand the weight of your concerns.
With our experience and compassionate guidance, you gain a trusted ally who will navigate the complexities on your behalf. Our El Paso special needs planning lawyer can provide clarity amidst confusion, offering peace of mind that you’re making the right decisions. Let us shoulder the legal burden so you can focus on what truly matters—creating a fulfilling life for your loved one.
Special Needs Fast Facts in El Paso
According to the Texas Workforce Investment Council’s 2019 update, approximately 3.34 million individuals in Texas are living with disabilities. Roughly one in five Texans with disabilities are under 35, and more than 8% are minor children.
These statistics highlight the importance of special needs planning for families in Texas, as it ensures that individuals with disabilities have access to the necessary support and services to live fulfilling lives. A qualified lawyer can help families navigate the unique challenges of planning for a loved one with special needs and ensure their secure future.
Special Needs Resources in El Paso, TX
As a family member of an individual with a disability, finding the right resources and support can be overwhelming. Whether you’re looking for educational resources, support services, or legal advocacy, local resources are available to help you navigate the complex world of special needs.
Texas Workforce Solutions Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VR)
Texas Workforce Solutions Vocational Rehabilitative Services (VR) offers a comprehensive range of vocational rehabilitation services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and other disabilities. VR provides essential support such as employment counseling, guidance, and training to develop valuable job skills.
Texas Workforce Solutions VR Services
8825 N. Loop, Ste. 122
El Paso, TX 79907
ARC of El Paso
The ARC of El Paso provides comprehensive services and support for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. They offer advocacy, education, vocational training, and community integration programs to enhance the independence and inclusion of participants, empowering them to reach their full potential and lead fulfilling lives.
ARC of El Paso
750 Sunland Park Drive
El Paso, Texas 79912
Emergence Health Network
Emergence Health Network (EHN) is the primary destination for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and mental health concerns in El Paso. As the Local Mental Health and Intellectual and Developmental Disability Authority, EHN offers a wide range of services and information to support those with IDD. From Medicaid waivers for long-term services and supports to various resources available in El Paso County.
Emergence Health Network
201 E Main St,
El Paso, TX 79901
How a Trusted El Paso Special Needs Planning Lawyer Can Help
Navigating the legal and financial aspects of special needs planning can be overwhelming, but with the help of a trusted El Paso special needs planning lawyer, families can have peace of mind knowing that their loved one’s future is secure.
An experienced attorney can provide valuable guidance and legal counsel in creating a comprehensive plan that meets the unique needs of individuals with special needs and their families.
A special needs planning attorney can:
- Assess your loved one’s needs. A El Paso special needs planning lawyer can help you assess the specific needs of your loved one with special needs, including medical care, housing, and education.
- Create a special needs trust. What is a special needs trust? It’s a legal document that allows assets to be held for the benefit of an individual with special needs. This trust is designed to provide additional financial support for individuals with special needs without compromising their eligibility for government benefits.
- Choose a trustee. The trustee is responsible for managing the special needs trust and ensuring that the funds are used appropriately. It is important to choose a trustee with experience in special needs planning who understands the unique needs of individuals with disabilities.
- Set up an ABLE account. Also known as an “Achieving a Better Life Experience” account, an ABLE account is a specialized, tax-advantaged savings account for individuals with disabilities. These accounts were created to help individuals with disabilities and their families save money for disability-related expenses without jeopardizing their eligibility for government benefits such as Medicaid and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Review and update your plan regularly. Special needs planning is an ongoing process that requires regular review and updates. It is important to review your plan regularly to ensure that it continues to meet your loved one’s needs.
Contact El Paso Special Needs Planning Lawyers
Experience peace of mind and ensure a secure future for your loved one with special needs by partnering with Shields Law. Our compassionate team of special needs planning lawyers is ready to guide you through the intricate process of special needs planning.
Whether you require assistance establishing a comprehensive special needs trust, accessing government benefits, or creating a solid financial strategy, we have the expertise to meet your needs. With our personalized approach and unwavering commitment, we will work tirelessly to protect your family’s interests. Contact us today, and let us be your trusted advocates in special needs planning.