Kevin Piwowarski Shields

Special Education Lawyer

Bringing his background as an educator and parent to his legal practice, Kevin advocates for children and their families in special education law matters throughout Texas.

After earning his law degree from Georgetown University Law Center, Kevin gained experience in disability law with one of the largest law firms in the country. Kevin also has years of experience representing children in both criminal and civil matters and has litigated or negotiated hundreds of client-favorable cases and settlements.

Special Education Representation

Failure to Provide Services

Expulsion/Discipline Matters

Securing Independent Educational Evaluations

Eligibility & Evaluation Disputes

School District Mediation

Due Process Litigation

Contact Kevin

Practice Areas

Special Education Law

Disability and Civil Rights Law


Georgetown University Law School, Juris Doctor

University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Arts

Bar Admissions

Texas, Maryland and Washington, D.C.